The Yu Classic Collection 8.5-inch Damascus Chef’s Knife is one of our bestsellers. Due to its premium quality and evergreen classic design, it is one of the most popular and best-selling chef’s knives of 2019 and a great model to buy in 2020 at a discounted price.
- The blade reflects an excitingly beautiful Damascus rose steel pattern.
- There are 33 layers of Damascus 316L steel on each side and the core is made from the highest quality 10Cr15CoMoV steel (Japanese VG-10), which together form a 67-layered blade.
- The knife has a bit more robust and wider blade when compared to other ‘lighter’ knives. There’s almost no flexing of the blade (which is a desirable thing).
- The hardness level of HCR-60 and special heat treatment during the production makes the knife resistant to wear, and it holds the edge for a long time. The blade is hard, but not brittle.
- An ergonomically designed handle made of rosewood gives it an all-rounded aesthetic look and an organic grip feel.
As confirmed by many customers, this is a knife that is definitely worth its price and an item you can proudly add to any knife collection. If you are not sure which chef’s knife to choose, we recommend this one.
Handling and Maintenance
To ensure your knife stays sharp and beautiful for a long time, please follow the listed instructions and tips:
- Do not wash your knife in a dishwasher. It is best to wash the blade immediately after use under the tap water.
- Do not wipe the blade with an abrasive washing sponge. Use soft cloth instead.
- Avoid using abrasive chemicals (you can use mild soap).
- After washing, wipe the blade with a dry cloth.
- Store your knife separately from other cutlery items. Use a knife stand, knife bag, or a sheath (saya).
Handling and Usage:
- Use a soft/medium hardness cutting board or pad (wood, plastic, rubber). Do not use glass, ceramic, or stone cutting boards.
- Do not cut through bone or hard nuts, hard fruit or vegetable shell. Avoid cutting hard ingredients.
- Do not twist the blade or try to pry open ingredients.
Honing and Sharpening:
- Re-sharpen your knife when necessary.
- If you hone your knife on a leather strap or honing rod often, you will significantly reduce the need for re-sharpening.
- When sharpening, use good quality sharpening tools (800-6000 grit whetstone, sharpening rods, and better quality kitchen knife sharpeners).
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.