The 5-inch Zhen Utility Knife is a part of the new 2020 Zhen collection of knives. The 67-layered blade is made from Damascus steel and has a 10Cr15CoMov (VG-10) hardened carbon steel core. It is a traditionally designed knife with a distinct octagonal handle made from ebony wood and buffalo horn.
- The Damascus pattern on the blade is exquisitely beautiful to the sight and extremely crisp.
- 33 layers of Damascus steel protect the blade on each side, enveloping a hardened carbon steel core – making it a 67-layered Damascus knife.
- The blade is hard and firm but still thin and extremely sharp with a distinct point. As such, it allows easy handling and effortless, precise cutting.
- A desirable hardness of HCR-60 is achieved with a unique forging process, including a vacuum heat treatment. The blade is hard, but not brittle.
- Least but not last, despite the simplicity of the traditional handle design, it is made from expensive and sophisticated materials – ebony wood and buffalo horn.
In the sense of design of the blade and the handle, this is truly a traditional Japanese knife. However, it is made by excellent craftsmen with the help of the latest forging technology using the best quality materials. Truly a beautiful knife worth its (a bit higher) price.