The 8.5-inch Zhen Chef’s Knife is a new featured addition to our shop. The blade is made from 67 layers Damascus steel with a hardened carbon steel core. Finished off with combined ebony wood and buffalo horn handle, it is one of our favorite new featured knives in 2020.
- The blade reflects an excitingly beautiful Damascus steel pattern.
- There are 33 layers of Damascus steel on each side and a core made of the 10Cr15CoMoV hardened steel (Japanese VG-10).
- Because of the thinner blade (2mm – 5/64 inch), and light handle materials, the knife is a bit lighter (180 grams) when compared to other more robust chef’s knives. This makes it even easier to handle, and because of extraordinary sharpness, it feels almost like wielding a scalpel.
- The hardness level of HCR-60 and special vacuum heat treatment during the production makes the knife resistant to wear. The blade is hard, but not brittle.
- A traditionally shaped octagonal handle made from ebony wood and buffalo horn offers a firm grip and gives perfect counterbalance to the blade.
If you are looking for a traditional Japanese type of Damascus chef’s knife, you should consider buying this item. Great looks, premium materials, and excellent craftsmanship – a knife you can proudly add to any knife collection or use it as your primary everyday kitchen knife.