The Yarenh 8.5-inch Damascus Chef’s Knife with Ebony wood handle is exquisite by design and performances. It is a classically designed chef’s knife in a western style from the handle to the blade.
- The hammered style blade is ornamented with an exciting ‘flowing river’ Damascus pattern.
- There are 36 layers of Damascus steel on each side of the blade. The blade core is made of the highest quality 10Cr15CoMoV steel (Japanese VG-10). Therefore this is a 73-layered Damascus steel knife.
- The knife has a bit more robust and broader blade when compared to other ‘lighter’ blades. It has a thickness of 2.3 mm, so there’s almost no flexing of the blade (which is a desirable thing).
- The hardness level of HCR-60 and special heat treatment during the production makes the knife resistant to wear, and it holds the edge for a long time. The blade is hard, but not brittle.
- The handle is classic in design and made from black ebony wood. It finishes off the design in a traditional western style. It is comfortable to hold and easy to handle.
In case you are looking for a classic western design of a chef’s knife, which is made according to the highest production standards, you might want to consider buying this item. Its overall quality and durability can be compared to similar knives with much higher price tags.